About the State Theatre
The State Theatre opened its doors on November 12, 1921 as Loew's State Theatre. Designed in a Spanish Renaissance style by the firm of Weeks & Day, the State Theatre is the largest of the movie palaces along Broadway, complete with a 2,350-seat auditorium and a Wurlitzer organ. The State occupies half a block on the west side of Broadway, fronted on two sides by 12 stories of retail and office spaces. For more than two decades, it was the home of first-run MGM movies.
The theatre's current tenant is the Cathedral of Faith. The State Theatre is not currently available for booking events or filming. Please check this Website for updates on theatre availability.